I desperately need your help. I am trying to collect titles, fiction and
informational, for grades K-12 that span the curriculum. Please send me
titles written by or featuring characters of the following:
African-American, Asian-American, Latino, and Native American that you use
with your students or recommend to teachers for their use.

This is for a school librarian that I have not had the pleasure of working
with prior to this request and really appreciate the fact that she contacted
me and would like to be of assistance as much as possible. However I am not
as familiar with materials for high schoolers and would also like make sure
that I am not missing some of my favorites and/or tried and true titles.

I have checked the LM_NET archives for a list of multicultural titles and
also did a search for each individual group without a lot of success.

I truly appreciate any help that you can provide. This is a wonderful
beginning collaboration opportunity--the school librarian being able to
provide input to the curriculum committee, and the public-school library
collaboration also. Thank you in advance

Taliah

Taliah Abdullah
Senior Librarian
Pauline Robinson Branch