LMers...

I have just run a collection analysis with Follet's Titlewise.  In looking at my
"Collection by Year" I got very concerned with several books that had a very low
copyright date.  I went to the shelf and pulled the books and then looked at my
MARC record.  It seems that Titlewave looks at the original copyright date (the one
in the brackets) instead of the publishing date.

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch this?  I am concerned that these
original copyright dates are drastically effecting the overall age of my collection
in these specific sections.  I don't feel this is an adequate representation of the
age of the collection.  Maybe others disagree?  If so why?

Thanks for your thoughts and input on this.

Leanna

Leanna Giesige
Teacher Librarian
International School of Ouagadougou