Better late than never, or so they say.  A few weeks ago, I asked for IB schools to
send me the titles they use in their English and Theory of Knowledge IB courses.
Several of you asked for the results of my query: the following is a compilation of
what I received.   If given, I’ve listed the grade level where each title is used.
Some titles appeared on more than one list.

English

Thousand Cranes  Yasunari Kawabata
Oryx and Crake   Margaret Attwood
Black Rain   Masuji Ibuse
Whale Talk   Christ Crutcher
Gentlehands   M. E. Kerr
Fathers and Sons   Ivan Turgenev
Under the Frangipani   Couto
The Plague   Camus
No Exit   Satre
Poetry of Frost, Wordsworth & Hopkins
The Great Gatsby   Fitzgerald
Master Harold and the Boys   Fugard
Waiting for Godot   Beckett
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Stoppard
Voices of “The Americas" Poetry from Central & South America & the Caribbean
The Inferno   Dante
To the Lighthouse   Woolf
The Odyssey   Homer   9th
All Quiet on the Western Front   Remarque   9th
Romeo and Juliet   Shakespeare   9th
To Kill a Mockingbird   Lee   9th
Of Mice and Men   Steinbeck   9th
The Power of One   Courtenay   10th
A Tale of Two cities   Dickens   10th
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest   Kesey   10th
Richard III   Shakespeare   10th
Night   Wiesel   10th
Twelfth Night   Shakespeare   10th or
The Tempest   Shakespeare   10th
The Things They Carried Tim O’Brien  11th  and 12th
The Woman warrior   Hang Kingston   11th
Macbeth   William Shakespeare   11th
Chronicle of a Death Foretold   Gabriel Garcia-Marquez  11th
The Death of Artemio Cruz  Fuentes  11th
The Stranger   Camus  11th
A Doll’s House   Ibsen  11th
Song of Solomon   Morrison   11th
Poetry of Langston Hughes   11th
Antigone   Sophocles   11th
The Tempest   Shakespeare   11th
Heart of Darkness   Conrad   11th
Poetry (Yeats & Heaney)   11th
Madame Bovary   Flaubert   11th
House of Spirits  Allende   11th
So Long a Letter   Ba   11th
Letters to a Young Novelist   Llosa   11th
Wide Sargasso Sea   Rhys   11th
Things Fall Apart   Achebe   11th
Clay’s Quilt   House   12th
The Sorrow of War   Ninh   12th
Hamlet   Shakespeare   12th
Beloved   Morrison   12th
The Bell Jar   Plath   12th
The Quiet American   Greene   12th
The Awakening   Chopin   12th
Billy Budd and Other Stories   Melville   12th
The Old Gringo   Fuentes   12th
The Bone People   Hulme   12th
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man   Joyce   12th
Hamlet    Shakespeare   12th
Their Eyes Were Watching God   Hurston   12th
1984   Orwell   12th
The House on Mango Street   Cisneros   12th
Poetry of Sylvia Plath or T. S. Eliot   12th

Theory of Knowledge
http://www.shambles.net/ib/
One listserve member offered several titles off list, however I have yet to make
that contact.  When I do, I will post those as well.

--
Wanda Adams Jaquith