the attached advertisement is found on the last page of SLAP magazine for the month
of June 2005

this mag is very popular with middle schoolers; however, the sexual and deviantly
portrayed skater culture seems to raw, graphic and exploratory for my middle school
audience; there is explicit language, inuendo, sexual situations, profanity, etc.
throughout the magazine (I thought it was intended for a wider demographic and a
younger audience)

I want to protect innocence (what's left of it - hanging by a thread) and free
speech.  I welcome your comments and insights

Tracie Clarke
Media Coordinator
Coats-Erwin Middle School, Dunn, NC
tclarke@harnett.k12.nc.us

"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that
of an ignorant nation." Walter Cronkite