Funke, Cornelia. _Inkspell_Scholastic, 2005 [0-439-55400-4]
  WOW..I think this sequel to Inkheart is better than the first!  We are back with
Meggie, her family and friends in a place where certain people who read out loud
from a story will transfer characters from the story to this life and back and
forth.  Now Meggie, her mother, father, Dustfinger are back within the story along
with the original author of the story.  The author notices the story (and world
they are in) is changing from what he has written.  He starts writing new sections
of the story having a "reader" read it.  This unfortunately changes things not
quite as he imagined them.  Meanwhile back on the real world, Elinor is being held
captive in her house by some characters who have come out of the book.  It is all
much to complicated to explain here.  All I can say is that this 635 book paints an
incredible picture of two worlds wrapped up in a fantasy situation.  It is a
"meaty" read which took me a long time to get through and the writing is beautiful
(even
 though it is translated) but don't miss this series.

--------
Frederick Muller, Librarian
Halsted Middle School (Grades 6-8)
59 Halsted Street
Newton, NJ  07860

my book comments are compiled at
www.halsted.org/br.htm

My blog is
MullerInTheMiddle.Blogspot.com

Copyright Frederick B. Muller

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries)
for 2¢/min or less.