Passing along info re event August 4th:

KUSD Native American Resource and Material Book Fair is
scheduled for Friday, August 4, 2006 beginning at 10:00 a.m.Â
at the Kayenta Unified School District No. 27 Cultural Center,
the Book Fair will conclude at 7:00 p.m. There will be door
prize drawing; winners must be present to claim the prize.

Kayenta Unified School District is taking up a joint effort in
working with vendors that are selling Native American
resources and instructional materials by bringing the vendors
on site to make cultural related instructional materials
readily available to educators, staff, students, and community
members purchase.

We extended our invitation in welcoming twenty-one vendors to
bring as much Native American resource such as, instructional
materials, and videos, culture posters, calendars, Native
American music and ample catalogs. So far the following
vendors agreed on coming:

San Juan Curriculum Center
Selina Bookshelf
Rock Point Community School
Rough Rock School Press
Northern Arizona Teacher Supply (who was The Book Nest)

Other vendors who were sent the invitation to join us in this
effort are still coming in.

We know this is very short notice and we apologize, however,
we need everyone to help in advertising this event at large
and extend our invitation to the surrounding schools:Â Kayenta
Community School, Shonto Preparatory School, Chilchinbeto,
Dennehotso Boarding School and Monument Valley #2, and Pinon
Unified School, Rough Rock School.

If you have friends, relatives, or an educator who is in need
of Native American instructional materials and resources, pass
this announcement to them.

Debbie A. Reese, (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor
American Indian Studies