I also missed the original post.  I was able to get my children's  book,
Alaska's Three Pigs, published but it did take time.  I  bought the book
Children's Writers and Illustrators Guide to Publishing.   This book lists all
publishers that publish children's books.  It states  what types of materials they
are
looking for.  How to submit a manuscript,  etc.  I did get a lot of rejection
letters which can be discouraging but I  did get published and paid an
advance which was great.  The book came out  in 2000 and I am still getting some
small royalty checks twice a year which is  always exciting. You need to have
perseverance and not give up because it  can be very discouraging.

Arlene Laverde, Librarian
EBC HS for Public Service -  Bushwick
1155 DeKalb Avenue
Brooklyn, NY  11221