What a great group! Responses started coming in immediately.

4 stated that Johns Hopkins has an online program,
1 stated that her nephew took geometry as a sixth grader through computer
software and attended   high school calculus as a seventh grader and the U of MN
for math classes as an eighth grader,
2 suggested virtual online courses such as Florida Virtual HS
1 gave a contack person in the Houston area,
1 suggested contacting Joe Renzulli at UCONN,

and I liked the perspective this response offered:
"
I am an educator so I know the business, and if this was my child I would ask
for what I believe the school system owes the child (kind of like an IEP.)

 If this was my child scenario:

 First of all no participation in 6th grade Math this year.  Instead allow my
child to tutor younger students.  It would be a good socializing activity for
my child to learn about the difficulty others have learning math, and who
knows maybe a great new math teach would be born.  Also, I would request and
expect some type of technology access.  An online program for exploration and
practice even if it is a subscription price, I believe the school owes this to the
gifted student.  Additionally I would ask for mentorship from an older
student from HS probably, and I would check into concurrent enrollment at a local
community college.  There are so many possibilities, but I think the problem is
making an arrangement that involves service to the student's needs and some
creativity.  Leaning disabled students get this attention, and I would request
it for my "special needs" student."

I have passed all the advice on to my Superintendent/ Principal and she is
very impressed with our collective brain. Thanks.

Brenda Kahn
Librarian/ Webmaster
Haworth Public School
Haworth, NJ