Good Morning,

  I am in the process of setting up a new AR program at my school and I need some
help from you all.  I am needing some information on how to set goals and levels
for the students at my school.  We are a K-8 grade school with about 425 students
enrolled.  We have had AR for the past six years, but we have not been setting
goals.  We are doing a school wide theme this year, and an AR store.  I am wanting
to do the Certification Goal that was suggesting by AR.  However, I am having
problems how to explain the new process to the teachers (Meeting with them on
Tuesday)   If a student takes the STAR test and is reading on a Grade level of 4.0
or better where do I begin them in the Certification Level.  Do they begin at the
Rising Reader?  If so does that mean they have to accumulate 10 points reading in
the ZPD of 3.0-4.5? My understanding is that a student only passes the Independent
Reader only once.  Also, does this mean that each year all students (except the
very young
 readers) will always start under the Rising Reader?

  Thank you in advance for your help.  I look forward to hear your suggestions and
ideas.   You can email me directly.

  Sincerely,
  Lisa Clement, LMS
  Grove School