There will be a second part coming.

I just took the Praxis  last year, and I passed it the first time.  I would
take the online sample  questions through the Praxis website, and look at the
charts that tell which  percentage of questions come from each area.
The single best advice  I would give is MEMORIZE Information Power.  It's
fairly expensive if you  don't already own it, but I would say maybe 75-80% of
the questions came from  there.  Not only should you know what's in Information
Power, but you  should know which sections the information comes from (there
are several "Bills  of Rights" type list sections).
You'll probably know  book titles/authors from your experience.  The hardest
part for me was  court cases that I didn't know.  You might do a Google search
on current  cases having to do with the library or landmark library cases.
Questions about  collaboration,  familarize yourself with the basics of the
well known court  cases such as Pico v. Island Trees, Bloom's Taxonomy, read
through Information  Power and familiarize yourself with it.  You will be  fine

The best thing to  study for the Praxis is Information Power. If you know a
recent graduate of a  library program, you might want to read over their class
notes but if not,  Information Power will probably get you through.

Hi. I took the Praxis  in March and did pretty well on it (even though I
thought that I tanked it). As  a practicing LMS, the Lit part will be easy for
you. Study Info Power,  especially the appendices. Collection development policy
is impt. There were  questions on Big 6, copy right, Lance, and Bloom's
taxonomy. Also some basic  cataloging and citations.
You may have gotten  prompt replies already, but I took it probably ten years
ago (have an English  major and an MSLS), and I studied from the Cliff's NTE
Preparation Guide ISBN  0-8220-2017-3.  It was $15.00 then (1989 edition.)  I
imagine there  is a newer one, and that you could get in cheaper online.  It
does not  specifically say anything about librarianship; it is for
communication  skills, general knowledge, and professional knowledge.

I don't remember  it being that hard (but it was a long time ago.)  I did
study, and I did  fine.  Good luck!
Reading Information  Power is of the upmost importance!  Especially the
I had to take the  Praxis a few years ago.  A good part of the test involved
things I used  every day as a librarian (e.g. cataloging, specific books
and/or authors for  children).  But it would be a big help to spend some time with
Information Power.  There were several questions from  that.
I am just a student so  this may not be much help  but ECU has a Praxis forum
 at
_http://attila.net.ecu.edu/talk/LSIT/comments/praxis/_
(http://attila.net.ecu.edu/talk/LSIT/comments/praxis/)

The posts are out of  order but if you check the ones from 2006, they are
pretty helpful, especially  the one from June 06.  The Borders Web site also has
practice  test books but they are beyond my budget, so I have not tried  them.
.

Jeanna  Dennis, LMS
Valley Elementary School
Pelham,  Al