Dear Megan
Here are the details of the best selection  guides that were sent to me just a few
weeks ago, and
which I have included in my article for Teacher Librarian ...
Barbara

Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud edited by Jim Trelease (Penguin)

The Read-Aloud Handbook: Sixth Edition by Jim Trelease (Penguin 2006)

Read All About It!: Great Read-Aloud Stories, Poems, and Newspaper Pieces for
Preteens and Teens by
Jim Trelease (Penguin 1993)

Other suggestions available at http:// www.trelease-on-reading.com.

How to Get Your Child to Love Reading: For Ravenous and Reluctant Readers Alike by
Esmi Raji Codell
(Alonquin, 2003)

Valerie & Walter's Best Books for Children: a lively, opinionated guide by Valerie
V. Lewis and
Walter M. Mayes (2nd edition, HarperCollins 2004)

A- Zoo: subject access to children's picture books  by Carolyn W. Lima and John A.
Lima. (Libraries
Unlimited,2006).

Suggestions from Peggy Sharp at  http://www.peggysharp.com/nbn.html

Books Kids will sit still for: The Complete Read-Aloud Guide
by Judy Freeman (Libraries Unlimited, 1990).

More Books Kids will sit still for: A Read-Aloud Guide by Judy Freeman
(Libraries Unlimited, 1995).

Books kids will sit still for 3: A Read-Aloud Guide by Judy Freeman
(Libraries Unlimited, 2006).

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian
PALMERSTON ACT 2913