Date:                       August 31, 2006

From:                      Margaret Robison <chewey75@adelphia.net >

Subject:       TARGET: books for Gulf Coast school libraries

Our school conducted a very successful book drive last year for the United
Through Reading program (which is a program sponsored by the Family Literacy
Foundation for the families of deployed servicemen and women).  I surveyed
our staff about doing another book drive this year and one of my colleagues
suggested that we focus our drive on supplying "gently used" and new books
to school libraries whose collections were damaged by Katrina.  My request
for all of you wise and wonderful LM_NETters is this:  do you know of any
school libraries (elementary, middle, high school) in the Gulf Coast area
that are still in need of books to help restore and replenish their
collections?

Please respond off-list.  If there are others interested, I'll post a HIT.

In posting a HIT, please let me know if you wish to remain anonymous and I
will not include any identifying information when including your response.

If anyone is interested in more information about the United Through Reading
program, let me know that also.  I'd be happy to get in touch with you.

Margaret Robison

K-12 librarian at the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind

Staunton VA

chewey75@adelphia.net

"Words are the outer clothing of ideas."  Hercule Poirot