Thank you to all who responded to my question.  I received many responses asking
for results so here is the hit.  This is the first time I have composed a "hit" so
I hope I have done it correctly.  I have removed names, but since this is not
really controversial I'm not sure I should have.

Glenda Dixon
Librarian
Wanamaker Elementary School
USD 437
Topeka, KS
dixonglenda@yahoo.com

Glenda,
We are a District of around 19,000 kids and switched to Destiny about 2
years ago from Follett's Circ. Plus. When our fiber optics are upgraded
by the District, the system will be faster (That's the only drawback).
Because it is internet based, when several schools are using it at the
same time, it has a delay.... However, the upgrades are immediate and
the system is easy to use. I'd recommend it to anyone considering a new
circ. system.

We use SIRSI software as does our entire state.

I recommend that you take a look at Alexandria. I used it in my elementary school,
moved to a new school that had Follet Circ+/Cat+ which I really didn't like, and am
now happily back on Alexandria after convincing my present school to replace the
old Follett system.  Alexandria is easy to learn, very user-friendly, and priced
well. The true strength though is the tech support which is awesome. The Follett
folks were rarely available and were not much help; the Alexandria people will
literally stay on the phone with you till you're clear about what you are doing.
Our volunteers are really happy with the change because it is so easy to learn the
system. I'd be happy to answer questions if you'd like.

Believe me, I would not go with Destiny, but that is my opinion.
 I compared Destiny and CASPR side by side and CASPR won out by far. They have
several layers of programs. We use Library World Silver. It is so user friendly
both for the librarian and the students. It is a well designed program. They do
have a website at libraryworld.net
Just my opinion, but it would take a great deal to change my mind.
--

 I haven't "graduated" to a web-based program yet, but the provider of my circ
system (Booksystems, Inc.) has a web-based version called "Atriuum."  I've used

  You can get more info by checking out their web site www.booksys.com or e-mailing
sales@booksys.com.

I am piloting a program called KOHA.  It is an open source library
program that can be made to fit your needs.  We currently have a
contract with a company called LibLime out of OHIO that provides
customer support.

Our District liked Follett's Destiny, but we knew we could not afford
it.  Koha has some of the same features that Destiny offers and is also
web-based.  Our District techs and myself have spent time researching
it
and working on things to make it something we can really use and like.
Is it what I would like it to be right now?---No, but we're working on
it.

Here is a link to my catalog
http://koha.dce.k12.wi.us/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl

Here is the link to KOHA.  There are demos you can look at and try.
http://www.koha.org/

We have been Spectrum users for 15 years, but went with ATRIUUM by Book
Systems this fall.  It is web-based like Destiny, but probably less
expensive.  It is different as it is web-based, but all web-based
programs
are different than what we are use to using. I think it will be really
great.  There are many more options available for reports, etc. than we
had before.  We started to go with InfoCentre, but it had too many bugs
last year.