This is my first year as an LMS and I was looking at buying a new
encyclopedia set (since the newest set we have is 1999).  My principal asked
a few questions about print vs online encyclopedias that I couldn't give any
concrete answers to.

She wondered if there's been a shift toward using/teaching more
online/electronic resources/encyclopedias & primary resources versus print
encyclopedias.  Are students/teachers using/teaching with print
encylcopedias or using more online/electronic and primary resources?  And
she wondered about the currency of having a print encyclopedia, being that
the information is already dated when printed but with an online or
electronic encyclopedia it can be kept more current.

I was wondering how others handled this.  I've been going back and forth on
this issue myself and would like to be able to go back to her with some more
definate answers.  Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated.  I'll
post HIT if there's interest.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Jessica Jacobs-Broedel, LMS
E.R. Andrews Elementary School
Morrisville, NY
jjacobs-broedel@m-ecs.org

Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora
http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001