Write Customer Service and ask for the selection rubric for resources
and the selection rubric for their selectors.

And for stats on # of new sites added , # of sites weeded.

And note that as of 31 Jan, there were no sites about
Judge/Nominee/Justice Alito
<http://www.beiffert.net/wordpress/nettrekker-search-results/>

We have NetTrekker as a district buy (monies come out of each school
library budget), and I removed my link. Wasn't worth the orientation
time compared to other resources.

I've had very good results by going to clusty.com and putting in a
search such as - "resource guide" "middle school" and the topic - ex: -
"resource guide" "middle school" "supreme court" - . The clusters on the
left break down to many topics and guide pretty quickly to good choices.
By putting in 'resource guides' or pathfinders or 'research guides' and
school level we are basically hitting other school library website
resources. So there is a high degree of selectivity, usually well kept
up, and successful resources for the age group. Who among us would leave
a page of broken, or unuseful sites on our own school site?

You can customize the areas of search (Images, Blogs, Wikipedia, Gov ),
eliminating ones you don't need. The Ben search is pretty neat also.
Four tabs to customize to special resources including FirstGov, LII, BBC
and other news sites, etc.

Good overview/review at SearchEngineWatch
<http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.phpr/3415071>

Far less dupe and spammy hits. Less ad space and hilighted sponsored ads.

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: www.beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net

Disagreement with dominant ideologies and moral codes is exactly what the principle
of free expression is designed to protect. We don’t need the First Amendment to
protect speech that offends nobody and agrees with conventional norms.
Marjorie Heins <http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0316-30.htm>