I wanted to add a couple of additional things about the upcoming
Librarians SIG meeting at TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association) in
Austin next week. Since our wonderful speakers, Marla McGhee and Barbara
Jansen, will be talking about working with administrators, please bring
along ANY administrator who is attending the conference as your guest.
This could be a principal, assistant principal, technology director, or
any other administrator what would like to attend. The cost for
librarians is $10 for Librarians SIG membership, but of course no cost
to guests. I want to add that we have Linworth Press to thank for this
opportunity since they are supporting us by providing our guest
speakers. I learned just yesterday about additional door prizes, so
there is a good chance you will leave with something!

Now for the PLEA. Just yesterday I was informed that for the first time
there will be a special table at the registration area for SIGs (Special
Interest Groups). We are encouraged to have people taking shifts sitting
there and visiting with attendees. I am hoping....HOPING some of you
will email me and say you are willing to take a shift. Just imagine
yourself sitting in a nice comfy chair after walking the exhibits,
visiting with people and relaxing...

Our group is really growing, and promises to be a wonderful connection
now and in the future. We already think we know who our speaker will be
next year...it is a secret for now but when we are sure we will announce
and  you will be wanting to attend next year as well! Thanks in advance
for any responses, Mary Ann

--
"Try curiosity!"  Dorothy Parker