Oh, this is deplorable. I wouldn't even let the custodian in to clean except
when you're present to supervise said cleaning. Ask to have your lock
changed and restrict who gets a key.

We had a parallel issue like this many years ago. Students were hired over
the summer to help with building maintenance. You can imagine how much "fun"
they had going through teachers' stuff. I had batteries stolen out of a
little radio I keep in my desk, that kind of thing. Also found some blond
hairs in my curling iron and I'm a brunette. I threw it away; who knows
where that curling iron had been.

Anyway, after that summer they didn't hire kids anymore. People were really
upset. One thing I've also feared is that someone will plant something in my
office. Drugs, booze, porn. There are some drawers I rarely look in; someone
could put a gun or something in one of them and phone and say "Look what's
in the Librarian's desk drawer." I make it a point to check things over once
in awhile such as the pockets of a warm sweater I keep on hand, etc. Call me
paranoid, I know. But how easy it would be to frame someone like this!

Reggie

BOOKS. The original laptops. If Reading was a Varsity Sport, Librarians
would rule the world.

Reggie Buresh / Librarian & Webmaster
Mahtomedi High School
8000 75th St. North