One of my 11th grade English teachers talked to me today. She wants them to
read a
novel, one of their own choosing but the novel has to contain an inner
conflict.
It can be a fantasy or science fiction as long as it has a character with an
inner conflict.

She would like list of possible titles to get them started and I really want
to do it since I have been with her for years to expand the reading
opportunties beyond some standard
reading lists.

I used my opac searching on fiction with keywords conflict, dilemma and
decision
and found some. I also tried the ALA book lists. Tomorrow I plan to do some
searching
via my VOYA back issues.

I need some more titles to put on the list. Suggestions for titles and for
keywords to search would be most welcome. I will post a hit.

This is the list so far;
Andrews, V. C. Heart song
Asimov, Isaac, Foundation and earth
Efaw, Amy. Battle dress
Fienberg, Anna. Borrowed light
Flake, Sharon. Bang!.
Hansen, Joyce. One true friend
Hartinger, Brent.The Last chance Texaco
Hentoff, Nat. I'm really dragged but nothing gets me down.
Johnson, Maureen, The Key to the Golden Firebird
Khudayri, Batul. A Sky so close
Klass, David. California Blue
Klass, David. Wrestling with honor
Koertge, Ronald. Margaux with an X
Koertge, Ronald. Stoner & Spaz
Koja, Kathe. Talk 1
Mackler, Carolyn. Vegan virgin Valentine
Napoli, Donna Jo, Sirena
Nelson, Theresa, And one for all
Oates, Joyce Carol, Freaky green eyes
Oughton, Jerrie. Perfect family
Pascal, Francine. Get a clue
Plum-Ucci, Carol, The Body of Christopher Creed
Powe-Allred, The Code 2
Rapp, Adam The Buffalo tree
Rinaldi, Ann. In my father's house
Rinaldi, Ann. Wolf by the ears