At our last School Improvement Team meeting, we talked about creating a new
educational vision for our school that would better prepare students to compete in
a "flat world".  To use a cliché - our team needs to "think outside the box" about
how we might reorganize our school's schedule, curriculum etc. to foster creativity
and inventiveness in our students - in spite of NCLB.  Naturally I am talking to my
teammates about how Web 2.0 technologies are essential to that new vision.
However, very few members of the team are familiar with these technologies.   I am
sure what I tell them seems very hypothetical and difficult to understand without
the opportunity to see real life student web 2.0 projects.  Because of my reading I
have a little more theoretical understanding than the others on the team have.
However, aside from my library blog, I have very little "hands on" experience.

It would help to see some real projects done by real kids using  social networking
technology.  Do you know of any such projects?  if so - can they be viewed online?
I would really like to show our planning team examples of schools using blogs and
wikis (or email at the very least) to work on collaborative projects - projects
that involve working with other schools or with content experts, whether those
schools/experts are down the street, in the next school district, in another state,
or across the world.  How can I  find examples of student blogs/wikis etc. and/or
descriptions by the teachers that are coordinating such projects?   I will create a
HIT.

Thanks for your help!

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for poetry and to
put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)