Karr, Kathleen. _The 7th knot._Marshall Cavendish, 2003 [0-7614-5135-8]
  It is the summer of 1896 and troublesome Wick and Miles are taken with their very
rich Uncle to purchase paintings in Europe.  His uncle brings along an art expert.
It isn't long that the two brothers discover the art expert is not just an art
expert.  All three are wound up an an adventure trying to foil the plans of an evil
German society to take over the world.  The 148 page book reads like a
turn-of-the-century James Bond adventure.  While the society in the book is loosely
based on a historical society, the society feels very much like the start of the
Nazi party before World War II.  The only problem I have with the book is that
readers may try to connect pre-World War II times with this group which existed
before World War I.  Besides that, it is a great read.

--------
Frederick Muller, Librarian
Halsted Middle School (Grades 6-8)
59 Halsted Street