I know there are copyright experts out there who can help me out here. I am
creating a memories-of-the-year video for the students at my high school. It
is a collection of video clips of football,  basketball, band, choir, school
play, etc., and it is set to music. Three of the music pieces will be the
full song with two additional song segments. Of course, I own all of the
music I am using, and all music will be credited at the end of the video. I
have done this in the past with photo slide shows, but this is the first
year that I have done actual video footage. The students absolutely love it.
Now my principal wants to show it at graduation. So my question is: What are
my obligations as far as obtaining permission from the music artists? Is
crediting the artists sufficient? If not, does anyone have a form for
requesting permission? I really appreciate the help of all you experts.
Thanks.

Marsha Redd
Librarian, Kelloggsville High School
Grand Rapids, MI
marsharedd@hotmail.com
Education is not a goal; it is a life-long process. Everyone is a student.
Everyone is a teacher.