I am considering using a DVD recorder as a VCR to record TV programs at
home.
If you don't "finalize" the DVD -R (or +R) and if you intend to view the
DVD only on your own DVD recorder, can you edit the DVD, that is, delete
a program after viewing it so that you can record another program in its
place?
In other words, can a DVD -R or +R be used exactly as a video tape is?
Or do I need to use -RW or +RW DVDs if I want to delete or edit sections
from the DVD?
Finally, is the quality of the video for the 2-hour speed the same as
what I will get with SP on a VHS tape?
What about the 4-hour speed?
Finally, if you have tried using the cheap ($100) CyberHome or Lite-On
models, what sort of luck have you had using them as VCRs?
Are the timers as easy to set as the ones on VCRs?
Is the quality of the video the same or better than on VCRs?

--
Gordon Walter
Retired AGWSR School Librarian