I just had to share:  There is a possibility that a nearby Catholic school will be
merging with ours in September.  This has created a bit of a neighborhood brouhaha,
as you can imagine.

A meeting was planned for staff of both schools to be held in our building.  I was
not invited to the meeting because my contract is up next month, which was fine
with me. However, I worked unpaid overtime to get both my libraries looking good.
Yesterday afternoon I had the seventh grade class doing bulletin boards, organizing
National Geographics, moving LARGE furniture around, etc.  I really wanted those
visiting teachers to be impressed with what we had to offer.  We should be as
welcoming as possible, right?

The kids worked really hard but we ran out of time and I was still rushing around
trying to finish up yesterday at 3:15 when the principal came in.  He cheerily
praised my efforts.  Then he said "You do realize that this meeting is going to be
held in the cafeteria?"  Turns out he wants everyone to feel uncomfortable at this
meeting so it will end quickly.  I'm not kidding, those were his exact words.
Still, I'm very happy with the way everything looks!

Susan Waring
Librarian
OLS Seton Campus
Endicott, NY