I have been asked, very last minute, to do a talk for the local PTA on trends in
children's literature.  I have my own observations of course, but I would also like
to read a few articles on the topic.  The meeting is Tuesday and I will be out of
town for the weekend.  I don't really have time to go to our library to look some
up.  I was hoping the resourceful people on this list could point me in the
direction of some articles that might be online or that might have appeared in the
SLJ sometime in the last few years (that is how long my school has been subscribing
to it).

  I would also be interested in other people's point of view on the topic.
Especially in young children's literature.  Most of the trends I have noticed have
been at the middle school level - graphic novels, more fantasy books, etc.  What
have you noticed changing?

  Many thanks for any suggestions.  I am going to go look online myself now.

  Kaline Goodrich, LMS
  HES & HMS
  Hermon, ME
  kaline369@yahoo.com

Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.   - Unknown

Yahoo! Photos