My hearfelt thanks to all of you who came to my hometown for the ALA
conference.  I hope you had as much fun and excitement as the citizens of
New Orleans had while you were here.  Several weeks before the conference
the buzz word in the city was "The librarians are coming!"

And you did..about 18,000!!  The attendance was about par with ALA in
Orlando and in New Orleans.

From the reports that I received all went well..the hotels and restaurants
and convention center went out of their way to make ALA attendees feel at
home.  "thank you for coming" were the words often expressed to attendees
everywhere they went.  I know that some of the services may have taken a
little longer, so thank you for your patience.

As I said in the pre-conference postings "You'll love New Orleans and she'll
love you right back!"

Thanks.."New Orleans loves you!"

Terrry
YALSA Local Arrangements Chair

Librarian, Jefferson Parish Public School System

bestman@att.net