I did not receive the specific link to the web page I believe I had viewed
on comparisons between subscription databases and Google. I will include
some hits which did attempt to compare the use of these two sources when
seeking information.

Here is a link

http://www.proquestk12.com/lsm/pqelib/pdfs/elibgooglecompare.pdf

There may be some other links that are useful to you here.

http://www.proquestk12.com/productinfo/elibrary_elementary.shtml

Pat Elliott

Resource Teacher

Library, Social Studies, History,

Geography, Canadian & World Studies

SCDSB

1170 Hwy 26

Midhurst, Ontario L0L 1X0

705-734-6363 ext. 1232

fax 705-728-2265

pelliott@scdsb.on.ca

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/InvisibleWeb.html

will this help?

I have created these exhibits to help our sales reps help librarians justify
the subscription to digital library learning resources (we're trying to wean
ourselves away from the word "databases"). Even though they are proprietary,
you can adapt them for your needs.

eLibrary
<http://www.proquestk12.com/productinfo/pdfs/eLibraryvsPrintLibraryvsGoogle.
pdf>  vs. Print Library vs. Google
This chart compares the effectiveness of these three resources used by
students and teachers for school research activities. The clear edge is for
eLibrary because of Bookcarts, QuizCarts, Lexiles, and Standards correlated
resources.

eLibrary
<http://www.proquestk12.com/productinfo/pdfs/eLibraryvsnetTrekkerGoogle.pdf>
vs. netTrekker vs. Google
This guide helps to compare three resources that are used in schools for
student research. The clearly superior choice is eLibrary because of
Bookcarts, QuizCarts, Lexiles, and Standards correlated resources, as well
as millions of copyrighted articles and resources not available on
netTrekker.

Carl Janetka, ProQuest Education Consultant
Retired Teacher and Technology Coordinator
349 Knoll Road (Home Office)
Plymouth Meeting  PA  19462
carl.janetka@il.proquest.com
610-275-7753 (Press #2 to leave message)

Rob Poole, Teacher-librarian

Harry Ainlay High School

Edmonton, Alberta

Canada