Here is the HIT of the Bug-Insect Songs and ideas I received. Thanks so much
to everyone for all your help!

****Rhymes & Chants:
Ladybug!  Ladybug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children all gone.

All except one,
And that's little Ann,
For she crept under
The frying pan.

Inchworm
by Katrina Lybbert
Inchworm, inchworm on the ground,
Crawling slowly, not a sound,
Do you wonder what you'll see,
When you pass beyond that tree?

Careful now, my little friend,
A bird is just around the bend,
Better hide inside that tree,
Where you will be safe and free!

http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/insect-rhymes.htm

This isn't a perfect tie, because it's a chant, not a song, but I think it
would be a great accompaniment to your theme. It's a book called Ant, Ant,
Ant!: An Insect Chant by April Pulley Sayre and it is the most fun I've ever
had with insect names! It's published by a small Minnesota press-NorthWord
Books for Young Readers- but I got my copy through Baker & Taylor, so it's
readily accessible though the major book vendors. The summary from our
catalog says "Teaches kids the names of insects through rhyming text that
begs to be read or shouted out loud and a four-page glossary gives details
about each bug featured."

****Websites
http://iitc.tamu.edu/material/songs.html
http://www.songs4teachers.com/insects.pdf
http://www.preschooleducation.com/sbug.shtml
http://www.mrsjonesroom.com/songs/insect.html
http://www.julieaustin.com/cds.html
At the above web site you can find lyrics and an MP3 of "The Yucky Song" off
of the album, "Room in this World."  I've used this for preschool storytimes
and the kids love thinking of something yucky to put in the different foods.
  They can slap their hands on their legs as they sing the chorus.

****Songs:
I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee
Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me
the classical "Flight of the Bumblebee" (no words)
Bumblebee Boogie (no words)
also check out Raffi recordings and other kid music performer
The Ants Go Marching One by One"
Insects and Spiders
Twin Sisters Science Series
As sung by bugs: "When you wish upon a star" (Jimmney Cricket)
Kermit's 'It isn't easy being Green'
I know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly

And here are some young children's songs about bugs to popular children's
tunes.
http://www.ecewebguide.com/preschool_themes/bugs/bug_songs.htm

There Ain’t No Bugs on Me by Jerry Garcia.  Also a book by the same name.
The kids loved it. They were toddlers and pre-schoolers. Caution: uses the
word hell.

Spider on the wall by Raffi is also good.  I gave out plastic spiders as the
children did the motions. The CD is called The Singable Songs Collection by
Raffi.

'Ugly Bug Ball' as sung by Burl Ives in the Disney movie 'Summer Magic'
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/classicdisney/theuglybugball.htm

Artist: Summer Magic Lyrics
Song: The Ugly Bug Ball Lyrics
Once a lonely caterpillar sat and cried
To a sympathetic beetle by his side
I've got nobody to hug
I'm such an ug-i-ly bug

Then a spider and a dragonfly replied
If you're serious and want to win a bride
Come along with us, to the glorious annual ugly bug ball

Come on let's crawl (gotta crawl gotta crawl)
To the ugly bug ball (to the ball to the ball)
And a happy time we'll have there, one and all and the ugly bug ball

While the crickets click their cricky melodies
All the ants were fancy dancing with the fleas
Then up from under the ground
The worms came squirming around
Oh they danced until their legs were nearly lame
Every little crawling creature you could name
Everyone was glad
What a time they hade
They were so happy they came

Come on let's crawl (gotta crawl gotta crawl)
To the ugly bug ball (to the ball to the ball)
And a happy time we'll have there, one and all and the ugly bug ball

The our caterpillar saw a pretty queen
She was beautiful and yellow black and green
He said would you care to dance
Their dancing lead to romance
Then she sat upon his caterpillar knee
And he gave his caterpillar queen a squeeze
Soon they'll honeymoon
Build a big cocoon
Thanks to the ugly bug ball

Come on let's crawl (gotta crawl gotta crawl)
To the ugly bug ball (to the ball to the ball)
And a happy time we'll have there, one and all and the ugly bug ball

CENTIPEDE SONG
A centipede would certainly need
A hundred stripy socks,
But what’ll he do when his socks wear through
from climbing trees and rocks?
What‘ll he do when his socks wear through,
When all of his socks wear out?
He’ll sit in a heap and start to weep,
and his mother begins to shout.
Here’s what his mother will shout,
When all of this socks wear out.

Chorus:
I’ve bought you ten, bought you twenty,
Bought you thirty, forty, fifty,
Bought you sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety,
bought you a hundred socks!
So off you go, now, sonny,
Do you think I’m made of money?
Until I can afford to buy you more,
You can keep your feet right off the floor!
A centipede would certainly need
A hundred rubber boots.
But what’ll he do when his boots wear through,
From wriggling under roots?
What’ll he do when his boots wear through,
When all of his boots wear out?
He’ll sit in a heap and start to weep,
And his mother will shout.
Here’s what his mother will shout,
When all of his boots wear out.
Chorus:
I’ve bought you ten, bought you twenty,
Bought you thirty, forty, fifty,
Bought you sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety,
bought you a hundred socks!
So off you go, now, sonny,
Do you think I’m made of money?
Until I can afford to buy you more,
You can keep your feet right off the floor!

CATERPILLARS ONLY CRAWL
A butterfly was flying through a garden in July.
He landed on a cabbage leaf and heard a mournful sigh.
A big fat hairy caterpillar nibbling on a leaf,
Said, " If I could fly like you, it would be a relief."

Chorus:
But caterpillars only crawl,
Caterpillars only crawl,
Crawling here, nibbling there,
Crawling, nibbling everywhere.
Caterpillars only crawl,
And I’d like to reach the garden wall,
But on this leaf I’ll stay,
Nibbling all the day,
Never getting anywhere at all.
Look here, said the butterfly, not very long ago,
I sat and nibbled leaves like you and
crawled around so slow.
But soon you you’ll be a butterfly, and through
the leaves you’ll flutter by,
And you will so happy that you never
more will say.

Chorus:
Caterpillars only crawl,
Caterpillars only crawl,
Crawling here, nibbling there,
Crawling, nibbling everywhere.
Caterpillars only crawl,
And I just crawl and nibble, that’s all,
But one fine day,
You will fly away,
And flutter by the garden wall.

INCHWORM