Hi Friends!
EdTechTalk loves us here in libraryland and plans to feature
teacher-librarians in this week's webcast. Please join the party on
Sunday night (July 9th) at 7 PM EST.

Hosts Jeff Lebow and Dave Cormier plan to present a:

"basic overview of what's going in the World of Library Arts for this
show. No doubt there are plenty of directions we could go in - perhaps
material for future shows."

This is a wonderful way for us to chat and scheme, and a way for us to
demonstrate who we are and what we contribute to the rest of the
edtech universe. I am thinking we'll talk about the evolving role of
the teacher-librarian, 21st century info fluency skills, emerging
library landscapes (School Library 2.0?), new strategies for student
research, and whatever else the participants would like to attack.

Here's how to get to EdTechTalk. Visit http://edtechtalk.com/. From
there, enter the chat room. Click on "Listen" and choose your favorite
audio player (http://edtechtalk.com/listen) and turn up the volume!
You'll probably want to open a second browser window.

If you are very brave and want to participate in the live audio, make
sure you download Skype (http://skype.com/) first. It's free, a
wonderful alternative to phone bills, as well as a great place to host
an live event. And it works on all platforms. If you want to add your
voice to the discussion, remember to also plug in your microphone!

Stick around a little longer on Sunday night and you'll be able to
connect with the folks at Info Island in Second life for a virtual
tour of what they've been up to - scheduled for 10 PM EST (3 hours
after ETT's start time).

If you'd like to see what previous webcasts looked like, visit the
site and take a look at some of the archived events.

I truly hope many of you will join us Sunday for LibraryFest at
EdTechTalk! If you haven't yet participated in a live Webcast or used
Skype, this may be the perfect time to jump in and noodle around!

Joyce Kasman Valenza
Springfield Township HS Library
Library website: http://mciu.org/~spjvweb     Blog:
http://joycevalenza.edublogs.org