I would like your input on how to handle a delicate situation that appears to be
coming my way in the fall.  I am the media coordinator at two small elementary
schools.  One has approximately 230 students with 2 classrooms per grade level (K-5
and 1 pre-k) and the other is approximately 150 students with one classroom per
grade level, k-5.  I spend approximately 2 1/2 days at each school per week, which
works out to 18.5 hours per week.  Both are under new administration, which I have
absolutely no problem with.

My concern is that I am scheduled to see students 2 times per week for :30 minutes
per class at the larger of the two schools, which works out to seeing 26 classes
per week in a span of 21/2 days.  It will probably be the same at the other school,
but classes will only total 12 in the same amount of time, which is managable.

I am starting my 4th year as a MC, my second at multiple schools.  This is the
first time that I have just been completely bumfuzzled about scheduling, lesson
planning, and managing the routine library work (shelving, processing orders, etc).
 I do not have an assistant so I am responsible for all facets of the media center.

Just to add a little fuel to the fire, I am the webmaster for both schools, the
cyber medic for both schools, run bookfairs at both schools, am a SACs chair at
both schools, am the Volunteer trainer at one of the schools (which I hope to
relinquish),  am the coordinator for Box Tops for Education, Campbells Soup Labels,
Tyson Labels at the larger of the schools, run the Six Flags Weekly Reader reading
program and will be doing elementary Battle of the Books this year at both schools.

So, you can see my delima.  If any of you have had this sort of issue in the past,
I honestly need your help.  Any and all suggestions (positive or negative) will be
welcome and appreciated.

Also, please forgive my ignorance as this is my first posting.

Renee C. Deweese, Media Coordinator
Marble and Peachtree Elementary Schools
renee.deweese@cherokee.k12.nc.us <mailto:renee.deweese@cherokee.k12.nc.us>