I posted a question a few days ago asking what were some of your "must-have"
programs in the library that you, your students, and/ or your teachers use
almost daily.  I have had more requests for a hit than for suggestions.  In
fact, I have had only a couple of suggestions which included Microsoft
Office programs such as Excel or Powerpoint.  I was really looking for
examples such as MARC Magician (if you catalog your own books), Teaching
Books (if you use this with your students and teachers to encourage reading
or if you collaborate with others in the use of books or the extension of
book topics), or perhaps QuizList Interactive if you're using programs like
AR or Reading Counts and want to encourage students and teachers to use the
materials in your library in more extensive way by providing special lists
of books by subject, theme, etc.

If you have other ideas or suggestions, I'd love to compile a list of
"must-have" programs ---especially for those new librarians who have asked
for some great programs to use in their new positions this fall.  So, if you
have other programs that you think must not be missed, please share.

I'll post a HIT if there are any other suggestions!

Thanks!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS