The Norton Anthology of Children's Literature is what you
want!  http://www.wwnorton.com/nacl/
GraceAnne

The honorable Sandy  Hodges noted on 17 Jul 2006 thusly:

> Hello everyone!
>
> My daughter teaches creative writing at the University of
> Alabama and she is interested in using a children's
> literature anthology as part of her class.  She asked me to
> recommend a text to her and now I humbly submit the request
> to all of you.  She is looking for
>
> "a wide range: longer ones (think dahl) with shorter ones
> (think younger kids or even poetry).  i realize this
> probably doesn't exist and i realize i'm just going to have
> to make a packet on my own, but i thought if any one would
> know about something that might work, it'd be you."
>
> Nice of her to compliment me...but I'm not sure what to
> recommend.  Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Sandy Hodges
> SLIS Graduate Student
> IUPUI
> Indianapolis
> sandyhx4@aol.com

GraceAnne A. DeCandido
Reader Writer Reviewer ~ New York City
Part-time lecturer in children's and YA literature
Rutgers SCILS PDS

Favorite titles Summer 2006
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/books.html

"When you die... I think the winner´s the guy that has the
most stories."
Geno Leech, fisher-poet, Oregon 2006