I feel like I'm suddenly asking more questions from all of you, but
hopefully I can pull it together soon!  Anyway....

I'm creating an online course for librarians based on Collaboration.  The
motivating factor for this course will be a pre-course presentation by our
own, Toni Buzzeo---we are excited to have her visiting us and sharing her
work!!  Using her methods, models, and materials (as well as others), I'm
creating the syllabus which will consist of 10 online modules for librarians
to complete for professional development credit.  Rather than just a "Sit
and Get" session, I'd like these modules to be a "Make and Take" product
that puts them into the process of examining their levels of collaboration,
choosing where to begin within their own schools, meeting with teachers,
developing units, promoting collaboration, and ultimately, supporting and
defending collaboration as it relates to academic achievement.

I am looking for some topics for two remaining modules and suddenly I've run
against a wall.  I'm browsing websites, reading books and articles, but
nothing is clicking yet, so I'd like your suggestions for some module
topics.  So far, I have these topics:

Module 1:  Where Are You?  Defining Stages of Collaboration
Module 2:  Moving Toward Collaboration  (this will take them out of
cooperation and coordination stages)
Module 3:  Successful Collaboration:  The Game Plan  (this will allow them
to develop a lesson using guidelines)
Module 4:  Developing Collaborative Units  (this will allow them to actively
work on different units with their teachers)
Module 5:  Overcoming Roadblocks to Collaboration  (this will allow them to
examine their school culture, roadblocks,...)
Module 6:  Promoting Collaboration  (this will allow them to begin promoting
collaboration campus-wide)
Module 7:  Gathering Evidence: Student Achievement Through Collaboration
(just as it says)
Module 8:  Collaboration and Standardized Tests  (this allows them to break
through the idea that "it can't be done.")

Any other suggestions for (or changes to) these module ideas would be
great!  I'm excited to be working with MY mentor in this (Toni Buzzeo) and
helping my area librarians to actively take part in collaboration projects
within their own schools.

I'll post a hit on the results of the ideas for this!

Thanks!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS