Hey Terry--

Been meaning to write to you since ALA, but everything's gone kaflooey since
I got back--too many deadlines as usual. It was terrific to finally get to
meet you.

I was so excited to get back to NO and see it getting back to life, but boy,
you guys will be in it for the long haul, won't you. I love it that ALA got
the city some great press nationwide. I think my speaker's bureau, BER (Bureau
of Education & Research) might be sending me there this year, but haven't seen
the finalized schedule. This past spring they scheduled me in Baton Rouge
where I met 100+ displaced and/or traumatized and/or grimly determined teachers
and librarians. It was quite an experience.

If I do get to come back and you're free, I'd love to meet you for dinner or
a drink. If you feel like coming to my program as my guest, I'd love to see
you--for the day or 1/2 day or an hour--whatever strikes your fancy.

I've been stuck in the attic all week, up till 2 a.m., working on a teacher's
guide for HarperCollins on Kevin Henkes' books, and am almost done. Wahoo!
Today I head for NYC to teach my storytelling class for Pratt at Donnell
Library--where the original Winnie-the-Pooh is. I treat it like a vacation--so much
fun.

Hope you're having a good summer.

Judy

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
"Wild About Books" columnist, School Library Media Activities Monthly
Author of the all new Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
  (Libraries Unlimited, 2006; www.LU.com)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com