Thank you so much for your creative suggestions for a bulletin board I am
making for new teachers to our school:

* Bushels of Fun
* "Check-in & Check-out (school name) New Crop"
* "Good Apples Work Here"
* If you make a tree- "Look Who'sHanging Out at (school name)"
* Make a basket- "Pick of the Crop"

The "apples of HJH's eyes"

I did a similar bulletin board at my school a few years ago whenever we got
an influx of new employees.  It had a tree up one side with a branch
sticking out.  On it sat an owl who was saying, "Whooooo's new at our
school?"  All around the bulletin board, I had smaller owls flying around
with the photo of a new staff member on them.

Since you are doing apples, you may want to do a big apple tree or a harvest
basket as the center point and say, "Who's a good apple?"   or   "Look who's
new to the bunch"   or " Who's your pick?"    "New picks of the season"

  This is a bulletin board I've done with my own students! I made a "barrel"
out of construction paper and put a bunch of paper apples in and gave the
title, Welcome to the Bunch! My kids loved it. My elementary school also
does this in our main lobby near the office. It is really n

ice because as a new teacher in that school I was meeting more faces and
couldn't remember names! After I would talk to someone I would go back to
the board to take a quick look to help me put a name to the face I just
spoke with!

If you use grapes instead of apples.... A 'grape' bunch of teachers!

How about "Pick of the Crop" if you are using an apple theme?

Louise Jones
Hardee Jr. High
Wauchula, Fl
dljones55@earthlink.net