What is the best YA book you read this year?

My favorite was Looking for Alaska by John Green.  It really hooked me
and months later it keeps  popping back up in my mind.  My more mature
readers really love it.  My review can be read at:
http://lhsblog.edublogs.org/2006/05/02/looking-for-alaska-by-john-green/

Other strong contenders were:
47 by Myers
Letters from Wolfie by Sherlock
Al Capone does My Shirts by Choldenko
Wrecked by Frank
Peeps by Westerfield
Shattering Glass by Giles
Emako Blue by Woods
--
----
Tony Doyle, Librarian

"One of the standard problems with the universe is that it's large
enough that unlikely things happen pretty often."--Nigel Sharp, U.S.
National Science Foundation