From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Kimberly Brosan
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 9:34 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: TARGET: (brand new) older reference books

In a last ditch cleaning frenzy while I've got my school to work student
here still, we went through bookshelves full of un-processed materials and
still sealed boxes. I found probably $1500 worth of unprocessed reference
and award-winning books (from the late 80s and early 90s). I don't even know
what to do about them! Some look useful. There are the multicultural
reference books Reference Library of Black America, Hispanic America, etc.
with mid-90s copyrights.

I never cease to be amazed by what I find. I can't even tell for sure that
the items were ever paid for by the district. I guess since they're not
banging down the door I'll assume that they were, but a few of the sets was
in a box addressed to be returned to the publisher. What would you do?
Should I add them to the collection? Should I contact the publisher?

Kimberly A. Brosan, Librarian
Andrew G. Curtin Middle School
Williamsport, PA 17701
mailto:kbrosan@wasd.org

Ancora Imparo ~ Michelangelo "I am still learning."