I've been laying up awake nights worrying about how the whole wiki
book movement will evolve. And then, suddenly last night, I woke up
thinking that the movement will require prototypes–ways to show
teachers that we could share in powerful, perhaps international ways.
And then it occurred to me that the way to start best, was to start
close to home.

Wikis are about collaboration; so are teacher-librarians!

And so I would like to propose we all work together on a
teacher-librarian wiki. I put a very basic frame up:
http://teacherlibrarianwiki.pbwiki.com/

Please join me in sharing and owning this project. My wiki skills are
quite weak. I invite you to redesign, reinvent, share what you'd like
to share in this space. I also invite those of you, who like me are
new to wikis, to use this space as your sandbox, to learn here and
then create wikis that make sense for your own learning communities.

I would love to see a space where practicing teacher-librarians,
library educators, and preservice librarians could build on each
others' best work. A place to go when reinventing the wheel is just
not practical.

This wiki is open and the password is "dewey." Over the next weeks I
will be shifting some of my favorite stuff (especially links) from my
own pages to the wiki.

Joyce Kasman Valenza
Springfield Township HS Library                    techlife@school
Philadelphia Inquirer
Phone: 215-233-6030 Ext. 2502                     Fax: 215-836-5237
Library website: http://mciu.org/~spjvweb
Doctoral student UNT SLIS