This reminded me of a third-grader who was doing a report recently.
Their teacher had told them they could pick any animal, and many chose
types of pets.  There was the usual flurry of activity that goes with
trying to satisfy 20+ little people in ten minutes or less, and one
usually-rough-and-tough little guy kept looking through the dog books
for "Pimpled Dogs".  My aide and I both repeated it, asking him several
times if that was what he meant, and he affirmed it so we assumed it was
something akin to a Hairless Terrier or Chinese Crested and looked in
What Kind of Dog is That? and the American Kennel Club guide
unsuccessfully.  I talked with his teacher later in the day, and she
said he had come back in tears because we didn't have anything on "Pit
Bulls".  I'm not quite sure which of us had the communication problem!

Kathy Ofsharick

Blue Ridge Elementary

New Milford, PA   18834

ofsharickk@brsd.org