I only got requests for a posting of book titles that have to do with March coming
in like a lion.... So I searched and searched and didn't come up with any book
titles other than - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Barrett and Snow Lion by
McPhail. Someone mentioned Tomie DePaola's biography starts out with "March comes
in like a lion..  Both of the first titles don't mention March coming in like a
lion but with the activities mentioned below you could use them. I think this is a
real need for any of you budding authors who are looking for a topic to write about!

  BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE BLUE LINKS TO OPEN UP FOR LESSON IDEAS AND A PLAY.

  http://teacher.scholastic.com/lessonrepro/lessonplans/profbooks/lionlamb

  LIKE A LION
Sung to "Mary Had a Little Lamb"

March comes in like a lion,
like a lion, like a lion
March comes in like a lion
And goes our like a lamb.

March comes in with a great big wind
great big wind, great big wind
March comes in with a great big wind
And goes out with a breeze.

March Song

When March comes in like a lion
A lamb trots out, we hear.
But when the lamb comes first, my friend,
It's the roar going out that we fear!

So each and every boy and girl
Should watch as March comes in;
We'll know the way the month might end
If we know the way it begins.

  Lesson Exchange: "In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb" (Elementary, Art)
  ...the story with the child and discuss the concept of March coming “In Like a
Lion, Out Like a Lamb.” ... and print out coloring book

  March... added 4-5-99 Original Author Unknown
  Sung to: "Mary Had a Little Lamb"

March comes in like a lion, like a lion, like a lion
March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.

March comes in with a great big wind,
Great big wind, great big wind.
March comes in with a great big wind,
And goes out with a breeze.

---------------------------------

  March Winds Blow added 4-18-99 Original Author Unknown
  Sung to: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"

March winds blow the kites around,
Blow them right up off the ground.
March means spring is almost here,
Sounds of birds you soon will hear.
Watch the leaves sprout on the trees,
Soon you'll see some honeybees.

  *Kelli, in Oregon, kicks off the "Wind & Air" section of my website by sharing
what she does for this unit:
Language/Science: We talk about the wind.  I bring in a fan and turn it on at
different levels so they can feel it blowing slow, medium, and fast.  We read
stories about the wind while the fan is blowing.  We gather several items from our
classroom to see if they blow in the wind.
Door Hangers: We use the saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a
lamb."  On one side of the door hanger, we make the head of a lion: A circle is the
face, then children wrap strips of paper around a crayon to make them curl, then
glue the curls around the lion face.  The other side of the hanger is the lamb: We
glue cotton balls to a black circle for the head and add black rectangles for legs.
 The children take their hangers home and hang them on their bedroom door and
change it according to whether it's a Lion Day -- Windy or a Lamb Day -- Calm.
This is great fun for the kids and it gets the parents involved too.

  Lions & Lambs
  March comes in like a lion, Like a lion, like a lion. March comes in like a lion,
And goes out like a lamb. March comes in with a great big wind,

  March
  March Graphs MARCH ART PROJECTS LAMBS - We teach the weather concept "March comes
in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"  We make...

Yahoo! Mail