There's a gathering buzz for Katrina, Through a Muddy Lens, a soon-to be completed
documentary by Stephen Rue.  MSNBC makes available 6 minutes of clips at
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10964626/site/newsweek/.  According to the Newsweek
article that's posted there "Rue returned to New Orleans and pulled tales of life,
death and race from chefs, cops, musicians and Mardi Gras krewes. He also found
contemporaneous video shot by residents and rescuers."
The focus of the film would seem to be on individuals' tales of suffering and
survival, not on weather, scandal, etc.

One of our English teachers is starting a Grapes of Wrath unit and wishes to
interrupt her reading schedule with a one to three day-long mini-unit on a
contemporary catastrophe.  The yet-to-be-completed Rue video would be ideal for her
purposes.  But what we seek now is a currently-available video that provides a
focus on suffering/survival and Katrina.  Is anyone out there aware of any Katrina
coverage that focuses on people rather than weather or political fingerpointing?

Reply offline and I'll be happy to compile a hit.

Sincere thanks,
Roger Frick, Librarian
South High School
Waukesha, WI