Hello, all,

This is in response to Debra Allen's link to the list of 500 scientists who are
skeptical about evolution.  I refer you to a NYTimes article from Feb. 21, "Few
Biologists but Many Evangelicals Sign Anti-Evolution Petition," by Kenneth Chang.
Chang discovered in random interviews and review of public statements that upwards
of 32 people who signed the petition admitted that their doubts about evolution
sprang from their religious beliefs.  Further, only 128 signers are biologists, few
of whom deal with the history of life.  I am not a scientist, but I have always
understood that science is not a matter of belief, but a matter of objective
observation and experimentation, using data to draw logical conclusions.
NYTimes article:  http://tinyurl.com/lv4oo

Lynn Foltz, Upper School Librarian
Sanford School
Hockessin DE