If you're looking for more science/nature cams, EarthCam for Kids has a bunch.
See:
http://www.earthcamforkids.com/

Of course, be careful. This is part of the Earthcam service which has many
more sources. Make sure to review before linking.
http://www.earthcam.com/

Not found in the EarthCam for Kids directory were several of the animalcams
here in DC at the National Zoo. Including:
Panda Cam and Elephant Cam
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/webcams/default.cfm

cheers,
gary

Quoting Barb Engvall <macbarb@CHARTER.NET>:

> It is sad the the Hornby eggs are not hatching but the good news is
> that the Kent, WA egg hatched last week. You can watch it by clicking
> the live link at http://wdfw.wa.gov/wildwatch/eaglecam/kent.html
>

> ****************************
> Barb Engvall
> =^..^=
>
> Teacher-Librarian
> John Campbell Elem
> Selah, WA
> macbarb@charter.net
> http://www.selah.k12.wa.us/JC/jc.cfm
>

> On May 1, 2006, at 5:25 PM, Mary Ludwick wrote:
>
> > I have been linking through http://www.hancockhouse.com/
> > as the other site has too many hits and goes down often.
> > from that site:
> >
> > Sad News:
> > April 30, 2006
> > Eagles and conservation have been the joy and occasional sadness of
> > my life. This is a sad moment. It appears that the Hornby Island
> > bald eagle eggs are infertile. The first egg should have hatched
> > April the 26 and the second egg today. The first embryo, if it
> > developed at all, is surely dead. The second embryo, could still
> > hatch but I cannot see the proper pipping of the egg shell, where
> > the chicks beak has broken through enabling it to draw in air, the
> > precursor to the final struggle for hatching. It does not look good
> > for this pair this year. In fact this is the second year of failure
> > for this nest territory.
> > Reasons for the Failure to Hatch:
> > We cannot be sure. Some educated guesses follow.
> >
> > The adult eagles are possibly old:
> > 1. This is the 19th year for known nesting results from this tree.
> > It could have been occupied for 50 or more years earlier. Was the
> > same pair occupying the nest all that time? We do not know. Eagles
> > could live that long.
> > 2. If the birds are very old it is possible that they have simply
> > run out of reproductive ability. Perhaps they simply can’t produce
> > viable eggs any longer.
> > 3. Alternatively, it is possible with very old birds that they have
> > accumulated so many pesticides and heavy metals that their
> > reproductive track is no longer able to function properly. This is
> > not at all out of the question. I am told that orcas (killer
> > whales) that now periodically die along the British Columbia and
> > Washington coasts are so polluted and their bodies so loaded with
> > poisons that it is illegal to tow their bodies out to sea or have
> > them hauled to land fills. They carcasses have to be burned. A very
> > sad statement on our polluted earth. Are these eagles, who also
> > occupy the top of the food chain and eat the same basic foods as
> > orcas, also contaminated. Very possibly. Maybe the reproductive
> > success is going to be restricted to younger eagles that have not
> > had so long to accumulated the poisons.
> > One or more of the adult eagles is young and inexperienced:
> > 1. This is possible – but not liklely. Last year when the territory
> [...]

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Director of Online Information Resources, Ask.com
Editor, ResourceShelf and DocuTicker
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting

Visit ResourceShelf and Docuticker
http://www.resourceshelf.com
http://www.docuticker.com