Hi everyone.  I received feedback with great sources and ideas.  Thanks to
everyone who replied.  The compilation is below:

Davinna Artibey

Teacher Librarian

Center for International Studies

Denver Public Schools, CO

Davinna@comcast.net

Hi Davinna.  Raven Tree Press focuses exclusively on bilingual
Spanish/English picture books.  I have seen some of them are they are good.
http://www.raventreepress.com <http://www.raventreepress.com/>

HI: If you go to the Amazon site and type in something like   "Arabic
children's books" etc. you'll get some titles in those languages.

For Asian bilingual books see the company Asia for Kids or Shen Books. Some
of the bilingual books are available from large bookstores like Borders and
Barnes and Noble.

Should your school ever consider adding German as a language, Alphabet
Garden is a terrific resource for

purchasing German language books and teaching materials. The URL is

http://www.alphabet-garten.com/

I've used them for several years to purchase books for my nephew who is
being brought up bilingual in German and English because his mother is from
Austria.

Sorry that I did not have a source for the languages you need.

Hi,

Given what you are trying to accomplish, you should know about the
International Children's Digital <http://www.childrenslibrary.org/>
Library, http://www.childrenslibrary.org/. It brings together digital
storybooks, with their original art, in many different languages. It is
beautiful. One of the stunning aspects of this library is that kids were
included on the design team for the interface. Here is the cite:

Druin, A. (2005). What Children Teach Us: Developing Digital Libraries for
Children With Children [Electronic version]. Library Quarterly, 75(1), p
20-41.

Enjoy! :)

Scholastic offers translations of some of their most popular titles.

Translations are available of several of Dr. Seuss's books.

www.teachersdiscovery.com  also has a print catalog offers books in Spanish,
French and German.  I used to get a catalog of Chinese materials that looked
really gorgeous, but we don't offer Chinese here, so I threw it out.  Sorry.

There is a company called Asia Kids (sorry-- that is all I can remember)
that has picture books in many of the Asian languages, including Chinese,
Japanese, and Arabic. The ones I got for my grandchild were of good quality.

I know that the book Baseball Saved Us, by Ken Mosichu (I forget his name;
it is Japanese) is translated into Spanish.  I think it is called Beisball
Nos Salvo.

It is a very inspiring story of theJapanese who were put into American
concentration camps during WW2.

I use Culture for Kids and Shen's catalogs.  I've built a small bilingual
picture book collection which includes Italian, Russian, German, French,
Tamil, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Gujarati, Punjabi, Vietnamese and
Spanish.   If I know a family will be traveling abroad (or to visit family
overseas), I'll offer to pay for a book from the country they are visiting.
We got some Disney novels (Bambi, Toy Story 2) in Italian that way.  Another
family donated a Navajo/English

book after traveling to the Grand Canyon.

I bought books in Arabic and English from Mackin.  Www.mackin.com
<http://www.mackin.com/>

I just got in a new catalog from a company that specializes in Asian
language materials.

Cheng & Tsui Co. publishes & distributes Asian materials - Chinese, Japanese
& Korean.  They do have some children's book.

1800-554-1963

online www.cheng-tsui.com