> Peter Milbury wrote:
> The news is out about the AASL Elections.
>
> One of our regular LM_NET
> contributors was elected President of AASL.
> See: http://www.ala.org/aasl/elections
>
> And I wanted to thank any LM_NET folks who
voted for me--I just got elected to the 2008
Sibert Committee (the one for informational
books--like the Nonfiction Newbery). Wahoo!
Just got the call yesterday. We don't start
until January, reading all the 2007 books,
but I can't wait to see what fabulous things
I'm going to learn. (I didn't learn everything in
kindergarten--I learn amazing facts year by
year reading children's books.)

The other BIG news is that my new book,
Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3, all 4 pounds
and 904 pages of it, has just been published.
I got my copies today. I'm saving 3 for me--
one for a doorstop, and 2 for aerobic weights.
Perfect! I've been plugging away on the book
up in my attic for the past 3 years, writing
everything I've learned over the past 11 years
(since the companion book, More Books Kids
Will Sit Still For was published) about books,
kids, and life. I am beyond thrilled to see this
baby born at last, with annotations and ideas
for a mere 1,700 of my favorite kids' books,
grades PreK-6, from the past decade plus.
Go to www.LU.com and say hi to the new tyke.

And finally, thanks and hugs and hoorays to
all the 500 folks who came to this year's 22nd
Annual Winners Conference throughout NJ last
week. I had the BEST time and, yes, lunch was
delicious, too. Libraries Unlimited already has
the dates for next year's program--May 1-4,
2007--so mark your calendars and tell your
teachers about it. (www.LU.com/winners)
It's my favorite week of the whole year.

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
"Wild About Books" columnist, School Library Media Activities Monthly
Author of the all-new Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
  (Libraries Unlimited, 2006; www.LU.com)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com