Hello colleagues in the US. I am a teacher Librarian in a K - 12 Australian school
(outer NE Melbourne). I have been lurking on this List serve for a little while now.
I've been in my current position for 7 years but in education for the last 30 years
having had a variety of teaching roles in that time. Only the last 11 years have
been in school libraries. It's a challenging job and one that is never the same
from one second to the next.

My latest little puzzler is the following. I have put it to my Australian
colleagues with a couple of results, but need to seek wisdom from further afield.
If any of you can offer a suggestion, or even 2, I would be most appreciative.

I have an English teacher colleague who is looking for fiction or film which
depicts a community of people who are successful and who don't degenerate into
power struggles & chaos.

Animal Farm & Lord of the Flies are the works being studied and the teacher would
like to present an opposite perspective of social interactions in fiction.

Cheers from the Antipodes

Marie O'Brien
Manager Library Services
Eltham College of Education