The "customer service" representative I just spoke with at the NYS Department of
Education was shockingly rude and hung up on me.

My initial application for certification was submitted in May, I continue to wait
as many others do.  I had a fellow graduate inform me that after waiting the hour
an 15 minutes on the phone, they were able to send her certification to her.  I
decided to give it a try, I tried to get through a couple times and finally was
waiting for a representative and was delighted to only wait about 10 minutes.

I informed the rep that I had submitted my application in May and was curious to
know if she could assist me in completing this process.  She reported that they
were working on April and they should be to my month soon.  I asked if there was a
way she could assist me, explained my fellow graduate's good luck -and she reported
that she didn't know anything about that and was unable to help.  I then asked if
she could look the application up and she said--'I told you my computer is down'  I
informed her that she failed to pass the info on to me, and then told me that my
grief was not her grief and I would just wait-.  I then asked for her name and she
told me her name was Halle Berry- when I asked for her real name- she hung up on
me.

I am trying to be understanding, but if this represents the people we have working
for us and they are paid employees to provide customer service, then maybe there
needs to be some changes made that could improve not only the attitudes of people,
but quite possibly the process.  This seems to me to be quite unacceptable and we
are forced to tolerate their rude behavior and lack of cooperation-- not to mention
we pay for these "services".  And despite promises of the new Online application,
which by the way I did, we continue to have complete irresponsibility and
unprofessionalism.

Michelle Miller