Our school is growing and in need of additional classroom space. The
principal's first choice for a short-term solution is to break the library
in half; put up a dividing wall with a classroom on one side and all the
library moved into a 50% smaller space. I'm almost over my shock and horror.
I know in my gut as well as my brain that it would be a giant step backward
for the library, but am now looking for rational, clearly defined reasons to
put in writing to defend the library space and program.
Got any advice or words of wisdom to share? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Martha Clement, Librarian
Gilmanton School (K-8)
1386 NH Route 140
Gilmanton Iron Works, NH 03837