Sorry for the delay in posting. I was having some computer issues. Below I've
compiled the answers I received.
************

I have a book called Patrol: An American Soldier in Vietnam by Walter Dean Myers.
It is a picture book. The jacket says it is for ages 8 to 12. Hope this helps.

******************
The Pull-ahead series by Lerner has some generic military titles.
I would get a catalog from World Almanac and look at what they have and then order
from Permabound or Follett or whatever jobber you use. The Lerner ones are about
the machines/vehicles, very popular (and safe) in my K-3 library
********************

An ABDO series called “War in Iraq”: Weapons of the twenty-first century, by John
Hamilton

A Capstone book series, “Land and sea”: Battleships, by Michael Green. Many other
titles in this series, such as Cruisers, Submarines, Detroyers

Another Capstone series, “Warfare and weapons”: U.S. Air Force special forces:
pararescue, by Kim Covert

Plus “The Military,” by Jennifer Fandel; Aero-mania, by Bill Gunston; “Green
Berets,” BY Jan Goldberg.
*****************************
My kids (K-4) really like _Alpha Bravo Charlie: The Military Alphabet_ by Chris
Demarest. You know that alphabet books are so much more than the old "A is for
apple". This is a beautifully illustrated book with vibrant pastel pictures. There
are pictures of men and women in all kinds of gear and of different modes of
transportation and locales.  Demarest has done a fine job of honoring the Americans
who serve, without glorifying war. This is a must-have for your shelves K through
middle school.
***************************************
Here are a few of the series titles that I have added in the past few years.  I
also have several older series from the 90's.  Capstone, Heinneman, Powerkids,
Rourke and Children's Press, as well as other nonfiction publishers usually have
2-3 military series available.  World Almanac usually carries longer, more indepth
books which  are also popular.
***************************************
Hi Tech Military Weapons, 7 titles, from Childrens Press, c2000.
On Duty, 8 titles, Children''s Press, c2000
War Planes, 8 titles Capstone Hi Interest, c2001
Flying Forces In the Air, 8 titles, Rourke, c2005
I know I am just getting back to you (I am backed up with my LM_Net mail) but
Capstone Books puts out a nice set of military books.

Vanetta Hayhurst, Library Clerk
Bingham Elementary School
Bristol, CT.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com