most critical opportunities that were defined within our profession (those
areas of critical importance that we need to begin to work on within our
profession).  Here is the Top 10 List:

#10 Building Trust and Respect--- Recruiting Young (these two tied for
number 10)
#9   How are we going to level the learning playing field? Target the
have-nots
#8   Include info lit in teacher preparation curricula
#7   Librarians should be partners in the ongoing assessment of student
learning
#6   The Technology
#5   Taking a leadership role in educational applications for emerging
technology
#4   Provide stakeholders with instructional materials, information and
model school libraries to demonstrate excellence
#3   Develop and embrace new models for interacting with learners using 21st
century technology
#2   Demonstrate via use of data & evidence (to our communities) that school
librarians and library programs pay learning dividends and improve student
achievement
and the #1 idea is
#1   Mesh library added value into educator learning environments.

I'd love to hear what your ideas or comments might be regarding this list.
What do you see as most important within your library program / situation?
Please respond to the list--- I know that there are others from the Summit
who would be interested in your views.

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS