Thanks to everyone with great ideas for finding Big Books.  I'll be
passing on your suggestions to the teacher.  LM Net is a wonderful
resource...really appreciate all your responses.  Here's a compilation
of what I received:

(1)Scholastic has a large, large selection - you'll normally find them in their
catalogs with "teaching materials".

(2) Go to Follet books, (www.titlewave.com <http://www.titlewave.com>)
and after you log in, click on Collection Development. You will have a whole
host of choices for selecting things, but if you scroll down and just click on
Big Book and then click select you will get a list of 109 titles that come in
Big Book format. That may have what you are looking for.

(3)Also, if you go to Amazon, select Children's books and put
in HBJ Big Books as your search term you will get at list of about 16.

(4) Try http://www.just-for-kids.com/EDUBIG.HTM

(5) try permabound, most of my big books are purchased from them, they have the
eric carle book for sure.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Mary Niedenfuhr
Thomas P. Hughes Elem. School
Berkeley Heights, NJ